Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving! I love Thanksgiving because it is the perfect holiday (in my humble opinion)...there is no expectation of gifts, so no stress about finding the right present, just the gift of presence! Don't get me wrong I love presents...in fact, feel free to send me presents any time you want! I just love that we all recognize at least once a year to be grateful for all that we already have, not necessarily what we are about to receive! Like many others, I feel blessed that I have so much to be thankful for: I have two beautiful and vivacious children, a truly caring and loving husband, 2 devoted dogs who love us unconditionally, 2 cuddly cats who allow us to be in their lives, extended family who love and support us no matter what we do, and countless friends to laugh (and sometimes cry) with who have become much like family! I am grateful for all the people who give of themselves so we all can live safely (soldiers, police, firefighters, etc)! In a time of uncertainty in our economic world, I feel fortunate to have a job that I love and that is secure and that stretches me intellectually...I truly learn something new every day. After my recent trip to Ohio I am also reminded of how thankful I am to be living in Texas where snow and sub-freezing weather is so rare!!! And, of course, I'm grateful for stamping and the art of paper crafting in general! I have learned that even I can be creative and I'm quite sure I have been spared countless hours and thousands of dollars in therapy! (However, it really has impacted my ability to maintain a clean and clutter free home!) And then there are all the people I have been so fortunate to meet who share the same passion for creating! I am grateful for all of you! (especially if you are still reading!) Lastly (or at least for now), I am grateful for my health. I'm so happy I have the opportunity to wake up each day, breathe the wonderful (and usually warm and sunny) fresh Texas air, and do whatever is in store for the day! Isn't life great??

For those of you just visiting my blog for the ideas....here's a project we made at stamp club this month that suits the day.

P1010034_edited

This is a card portfolio made with large envelopes. Unfortunately, when we made this I didn't realize that Stampin' Up! no longer carries this size of envelope, but if you can't find them at your favorite craft or office supply store, SU does carry a large square envelope that works as well. You attach the two envelopes together and insert these note cards and matching envelopes into the two pockets.

P1010032 P1010033

I forgot to snap a picture of the inside of the portfolio, so if this doesn't make sense e-mail me and I'll try to give you improved directions! The cards were super simple. This project uses the Season of Friendship and Thank You Kindly stamp sets. The Autumn Vine DSP coordinates perfectly with the stamp set and the colors are pulled directly from there: Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip. Circle Punches make putting the whole thing together fast and easy!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I'd love it if you would leave a comment and share what you are thankful for!

No comments: