Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Projects at last!

Here are a couple of projects we made at Stamp Club this week. This is Frankie!

P1010030_edited P1010031

P1010032_edited

This is a treat bag made with some mini bags I found at the craft store and the Top Note die and my Big Shot!! How fun is he?? Of course, some other ingenious person came up with this idea, and I dutifully copied him cuz I LOVE him!!! It really is pretty easy. This bag is created along the same lines as the "genie bag" where we line the front and back side of a bag with cardstock. In this case the cardstock is die cut in the great shape created with the Top Note die!! Here are the details.

Paper: Green Galore, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Basic Black Cardstock; Ink: Green Galore Classic Ink; Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note die, Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Basic Black Stampin' Write marker, Scallop Edge punch (the bag - you can't see this, but my recipient will see it when the bag is opened to reveal the yummy goodies!!), 1" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, White gel pen, scissors, and Round Tab punch. No stamps (gasp)!

Of course you can all see why I would never succeed in a career as a hairdresser!! I can't even cut Frankie's hair in a style that is suitable for him!! I know he loves a cock-a-mamie style, but my hack job goes on a slant. So sorry Frankie!!

Here's another Halloween project from club. This one is completely copied from my friend Katherine LaPierre. I participate in a swap with some local demonstrators each time Stampin' Up! puts out some new stamps for us to play with. We each choose a different set and make 3 samples with it and swap them out with each other so we all end up with a variety of samples using many different stamp sets. This time around we all used stamps from the Holiday Mini Catalog. (Let me know if you would like a copy of this - my mailings didn't go out this time around - 00ps!) We have so much fun doing this because we also pair the actual swapping with a get together at a local restaurant. When you put together swapping, dining and great fellowship and conversation you get a really fun time!!! :-) Here's the card inspired by Kat:

P1010036_edited P1010037

This card has a great fold that is created with the help of the Coluzzle (stop cursing at me!!) :-) Some of my stampers really hate the Coluzzle, but don't hate them, they don't know any better! I'm working on them!! :-) Here are the details of the card:

Paper: Old Olive, Basic Black Cardstock, Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper; Ink: Versamark Ink; Stamps: Eat, Drink and Be Scary, All Holidays; Accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Black Embossing Powder, Ice Square Rhinestone brads, Coluzzle.

We made one more project I'll share with you tomorrow! Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with this witch's hat. IYou have inspired me to use this stamp, Thanks!...and congrats on your blog! I had no idea.
Chriss

Linda McClain said...

Love the Frankie bag - how adorable! Kat's cards are always gorgeous - and I love our get-togethers.